5 tips for packing up your Christmas decorations
Taking your Christmas decorations down can seem a laborious task, but there are steps that you can take to make the whole process easier. When you remove your decorations, it’s best to think about next Christmas whilst you’re doing it. This ensures that you’ll know where everything is and won’t be faced with a cluttered mess.
Let’s take a look at five key tips for packing up your Christmas decorations:
- Place them into large boxes. These means you can keep things simple and won’t have to deal with a large number of containers next year. You may consider adding labels to them. It’s wise to ensure that your containers aren’t too large though, as they may end up being too difficult to lift. If you use the same type of containers, stacking should be easy.
- Clean fabric items before you pack them away. This saves you a job next year. Leave it too late and you may face an arduous task when you attempt to remove any stains next time. Make sure they are dry before you store them and fold them neatly.
- If you have fragile decorations or ornaments, try to use the original packaging if you still have it. If you don’t, consider wrapping them carefully in bubble wrap and tissue paper. Be sure to store the most fragile items on top of less delicate products.
- Avoid dropping needles all around your home by placing your Christmas tree on an old sheet before you pack it up. Find out if there is an ethical service that will allow you to recycle it if it is a genuine Xmas tree.
- Attempt to pack the items in the order that you will need them if possible. This means packing the first things that you will need last.
By taking these steps, you can remove the stress and strain from putting your decorations up next time.
Do you have any more tips? Let us know below.